YOUR WEEKEND IN BULLET POINT
- Reminder that we have less than a week left on the kit re-order. Email HQ for more info.
- Friday night, the law firm of J. Burke & Associates spin the round and round at the Giordana Velodrome
- Team Polos are still for sale. Limited quantities. Local pick up only.
- Size medium team socks by Defeet are still for sale. Limited quantities. Local pick up only.
- In Euroland, the pros wrap the Tour de Suisse this weekend.
- On the domestic scene, the fields will be split between Nature Valley Grand Prix and the newly minted Winston-Salem Cycling Classic.
- Sunday ride is a 9AM start. Ride together to the park, with a more formal Lead/Chase split at Pine Grove Church Road. Stay together, stay safe.
8a, Tour de Kale. A Fund-raising event for hardship medical cases in the Denton, NC community featuring “Summit”, 135k, 110k, 60k, and 25k options.
8a, Show & Go. Dowd YMCA. Larry & friends are leaving at 8a from the Dowd. 35mi and 55mi options. 18-19mph.
9a, 36th Street Racing Sunday Ride. Group departs from the corner of 36th & Yadkin. 53miles. Stop at Stallings Road Park. Pack should stay together and relaxed tempo until the Lead/Chase split at Flowes Store Rd. Lead group rides at or near race pace, with ORGANIZED EFFORTS. Chase group will ride no drop (18-19mph) and sweep the route. Pub finish at Growlers Pourhouse for $2.50 Rangers and Fat Tires courtesy New Belgium Brewery.
We do our best to make sure everyone gets home in one piece, but it can be tough to account for all. Please come prepared. Cell phone, food, water, cue sheet, route & pace familiarity, ID, and cash are always good things to have on your person no matter the distance. 36th Street Racing does not warrant the safety of routes selected for rides. Roads are not closed for cyclists. Cyclists ride at their own risk and assume total responsibility for their own safety. 36th Street Racing, its organizers and ride leaders will not be responsible for any injury or damage to any persons or property that may arise from participation in the ride. NO GO if it’s raining. Route details below: