Remember. It’s a group ride, not a race. If you like to ride by yourself, race at your own pace, have difficulty adhering to rules, or following a ride leader, then a 36SR ride is not for you.
Some of our rides feature a “no drop” policy. “No drop” means the ride leader or a sweeper will stay behind all the other riders in the group. It also means we will regroup periodically until everyone catches up. No drop also means we will try to assist you (within reason) with any mechanical problems you encounter along the way. However, you are expected to know how to fix flats yourself and to show up with a well maintained bike with fully inflated tires.
• Helmets are required. No exceptions.
• No earbuds in ears, regardless of whether they are in use.
• Obey the laws & rules of the road.
• Do not run red lights.
• Do not cross the yellow line. EVER.
• Maintain steady power. Steady on flats, slower on hills, faster on descents.
• Call out road hazards.
• Pay attention to upcoming stop lights. Avoid panic stops and avoid running the entire peloton through red lights.
• If you must ride with aero bars, please stay at the back of the group.
• If you are at the front of the group, you are responsible for keeping the ride smooth & safe.
• Ride steady. Be obvious with your intentions and moves. Don’t cross wheels or stuff yourself into gaps.
• Ride no wider than two abreast. Although we assert & defend our rights as cyclists, we try to minimize our impact on motorized traffic.
• Respect your fellow riders.
• Keep it fun.
MONDAY Bikes & Beer. 6p. 35 mi from Uptown Cycles. 1432 W. Morehead.
TUESDAY. Orr Rd is an informal bike training ride in Charlotte, NC. The criterium style training event is open only to members. Held weekly on Tuesdays at the corner of General Commerce Drive & Industrial Center Circle. Speeds average 27+ mph.
THURSDAY. #36SR Thursday Ride. 615p. 27 mi +/- from the corner of 36th & Yadkin. This is a no drop ride, but we ask that you be able to maintain a minimum pace of 16mph.
SATURDAY. Winter Bike League runs mid November ’til early Spring. Finished for the season. Will resume Winter 2018.
SUNDAY. #36SR Sunday ride. 9a from the corner of 36th & Yadkin in NoDa. Lead group rides at 21mph +, chase group rides “no drop”. Average chase group speed is 18.5mph.
36th Street Racing does not warrant the safety of routes selected for rides. Roads are NOT closed for cyclists. Cyclists ride at their own risk and assume total responsibility for their own safety. 36th Street Racing, its organizers and ride leaders will not be responsible for any injury or damage to any persons or property that may arise from participation in the ride. Rides are considered cancelled if it’s raining.