Remember. It’s a group ride, not a race. If you like to ride by yourself, race at your own pace, have difficulty adhering to rules, or following a ride leader, then a 36SR ride is not for you.
Some of our rides feature a “no drop” policy. “No drop” means the ride leader or a sweeper will stay behind all the other riders in the group. It also means we will regroup periodically until everyone catches up. No drop also means we will try to assist you (within reason) with any mechanical problems you encounter along the way. However, you are expected to know how to fix flats yourself and to show up with a well maintained bike with fully inflated tires.
• Helmets are required. No exceptions.
• No earbuds in ears, regardless of whether they are in use.
• Obey the laws & rules of the road.
• Do not run red lights.
• Do not cross the yellow line. EVER.
• If you must ride with aero bars, please stay at the back of the group.
• If you are at the front of the group, you are responsible for keeping the ride smooth & safe.
• Ride steady. Be obvious with your intentions and moves. Don’t cross wheels or stuff yourself into gaps.
• Ride no wider than two abreast. Although we assert & defend our rights as cyclists, we try to minimize our impact on motorized traffic.
• Respect your fellow riders.
• Keep it fun.
MONDAY Bikes & Beer. Finished for the season. Will resume in 2017.
TUESDAY. Finished for the season. Will resume in 2017.
Orr Rd is an informal bike training race in Charlotte, NC. The criterium style race is open to all road cyclists. Starts the first Tuesday after Daylights Savings begins. Ends approximately late September or early October. Held weekly on Tuesdays in the Northeast area of Charlotte, NC at the corner of General Commerce Drive & Industrial Center Circle. Racing starts approx ~ 6:15pm and runs between 45min – 1hr. Speeds average 27+ mph.
THURSDAY. #36SR Thursday Ride. Finished for the season. Will resume in 2017.
SATURDAY. Winter Bike League runs mid November ’til early Spring. 930a from Uptown Cycles. 52mi, 18-ish pace.
SUNDAY. #36SR Sunday ride. 9a from the corner of 36th & Yadkin in NoDa. Lead group rides at 21mph +, chase group rides “no drop”. Average chase group speed is 18.5mph.
36th Street Racing does not warrant the safety of routes selected for rides. Roads are NOT closed for cyclists. Cyclists ride at their own risk and assume total responsibility for their own safety. 36th Street Racing, its organizers and ride leaders will not be responsible for any injury or damage to any persons or property that may arise from participation in the ride. Rides are considered cancelled if it’s raining.