YOUR WEEKEND IN BULLET POINT
- Reminder: Zion Church Rd (just before the steep kicker) is under repair. NC DOT is projecting at least a month long repair. There is a detour added to the route below. Please pay attention, and print the cue sheet if you need to.
- Show of hands for the Charlotte Knights x 36th Street Racing on Sunday Aug 18th
- A hearty “wheels down” as 36th Street Racing’s Presby Sports Medicine/Energy Cafe road team head to Asheville this Friday, Saturday & Sunday for the French Broad Cycling Classic.
- Friday night, the Uptown Cycles p/b WeeklyRides.com Track squad spins the round and round at the Giordana Velodrome
- In Euroland, the pros are capping an exciting 3 weeks of the 100th Tour de France.
- Here in ‘Murica, it’s the 34th Cascade Classic for the domestic pros.
- Sunday ride is a 9AM start. Ride together to the park, with a more formal Lead/Chase split at Pine Grove Church Road. Stay together, stay safe.
8a, Larry’s Show & Go. Dowd YMCA. 18-19mph. Group rolls from Smelly Cat at 730a.
9a, 36th Street Racing Sunday Ride. Group departs from the corner of 36th & Yadkin. 53miles. Stop at Stallings Road Park. Pack should stay together and relaxed tempo until the Lead/Chase split at Flowes Store Rd. Lead group rides at or near race pace, with ORGANIZED EFFORTS. Chase group will ride no drop (18-19mph) and sweep the route. DETOUR AROUND ZION CHURCH. CONTINUE ON FLOWES STORE TO PINEY CHURCH ROAD. LEFT, AND LEFT AGAIN ON ZION CHURCH RD. RIGHT TURN ON TO ARCHIBALD, CONTINUE NORMAL ROUTE. Pub finish at Growlers Pourhouse for $2.50 Rangers and Fat Tires courtesy New Belgium Brewery.
We do our best to make sure everyone gets home in one piece, but it can be tough to account for all. Please come prepared. Cell phone, food, water, cue sheet, route & pace familiarity, ID, and cash are always good things to have on your person no matter the distance.
36th Street Racing does not warrant the safety of routes selected for rides. Roads are NOT closed for cyclists. Cyclists ride at their own risk and assume total responsibility for their own safety. 36th Street Racing, its organizers and ride leaders will not be responsible for any injury or damage to any persons or property that may arise from participation in the ride. NO GO if it’s raining. Route details below: