HERE IT IS, FOLKS The little calendar on the right says it’s time. NoDa GP pb OrthoCarolina race weekend, 2014. Our third year producing the race. You should all be old pros by now. Thanks to EVERYONE that has offered input, ideas, assistance and a shoulder to cry on. Seriously well done by the lot of you.
A special note of gratitude to Chris Wooten and the Modry Evergreen Partners race team. Kerry Humphrey and the Carolina Cycling Team. Neal Boyd at Charlotte Sports Cycling. Hollis, Joe and all at the the NoDa Neighborhood Association, CDOT, CMPD, and Charlotte Fire Dept. And of course everyone that we call neighbors: NoDa Businesses and residents. We couldn’t have done it without their support. Please show them the same respect by spending your hard earned money with them this weekend.
Finally, we would be remiss in not thanking the race sponsors. Mission critical, and they each came through in fun, creative ways. With such high production costs, their financial support is the foundation of the race: OrthoCarolina, East Charlotte Nissan, Charlotte Pediatric Dentistry, The Charlotte Knights, Brussels Crepes, Alpha 1 Village Foundation, Paceline Advanced Medical Solutions, NoDa Brewing, Tumult Bike Clothing, Growlers Pourhouse, Charlotte B-Cycle, Core Power, Aprille Shaffer/State Farm Insurance, Giordana, Uber, Ink Floyd, Jack Kane Bicycles, Weeklyrides.com, and Bikelaw.com.
Lastly, to everyone at 36th Street Racing. A simple thank you. This is a herculean effort, and you’ve all stepped up yet again.
By now you should each have your volunteer schedules and assigned positions. Thanks to Jeff M., Matt, and Jeff R. for herding those cats.
It’s a fun weekend folks. Charity rides, kids races, lawn parties, live bands, and tons of racing. Check it out:
8a, BikeLuck supporting Camp LUCK.. The second annual charity bicycle ride for Camp LUCK. Bike LUCK is thankful for the support of it’s sponsors, Camp LUCK family and friends who in 2013 helped raise over $20,000.00 with 100% of proceeds raised supporting Camp LUCK.
Camp LUCK provides medically supervised camp experiences for kids with significant heart disease. Camp LUCK transforms our heart kids into Lucky Unlimited Cardiac Kids by programs designed to nurture, educate and support the kids and their families.
830a, NODA GRAND PRIX pb ORTHOCAROLINA – Best of luck to everyone on OrthoCarolina/Energy Cafe and Classic Cycling/Dolce Vita racing this weekend. The course is technical. Ride safe, don’t take too many chances (we need you healthy for tear down).
- THE EVENING MUSE – Registration and race hq.
- FREE Junior’s Registration provided by WeeklyRides.com
- FREE Kids Races presented by Charlotte Pediatric Dentistry
- FREE Street Sprints!
- SMELLY CAT– Serving coffee and refreshments at 6AM! 25% off for racers and volunteers. Simply show your wristband or race number.
- SOLSTICE TAVERN – Proud sponsor of the NoDa GP! Opening early at 10am for the NoDa GP and serving a special brunch menu until 2pm: The Breakfast Croissant, The Monte Cristo, and the Breakfast Burrito. Enjoy the Solstice street-front race viewing section!
After 2pm, serving THE SOLSTICE CYCLIST: Grilled salmon on a bed of mixed greens w/ tomatoes, onions, goat cheese, and a hard boiled egg drizzled with citrus vinaigrette dressing.
Racers and volunteers receive 25% off any 1 food item all day/night – please present race number or wristband
- JACK BEAGLES – Chicken & Non-Waffles special: Southern fried chicken over fluffy pancakes with toasted walnuts and bourbon maple syrup for $8.99. ½ priced double mimosas and $3 Goose Island Pale ale after 12pm.
Live music will be the NEW RED LIGHTS from 11-2 and The Chemist @ conclusion of the race.
- GROWLERS – Opening early at Gatorade & H2O for cyclists and volunteers! Great craft beer, beer food. Serving at noon!
- CREPE CELLAR – Sunday menu, kitchen opens at noon!
- CABO FISH TACO – New Drink Menu rolling out!!! $1 off margaritas and sangria’s, $3 bloody marys and mimosas. Cinco de mayo specials all weekend which are $7 three amigos margarita, $4 dos equis lager and amber drafts.
- DOLCE VITA – Opening early for racers and volunteers, serving their now famous Belgian Waffles! Mother Earth Brewing draft specials and Mimosa Bar!
- NODA BREWING – Tap room open 1p-6p with OooWee BBQ Food Truc
- KING OF POPS – Warm weather looks just right for their tasty organic pops!
- BIRDSONG BREWING – Tap room open 2p-7p
- NODA GP AFTER PARTY at Solstice Tavern – Delicious food and beverage specials, huge deck, wide selection of tunes, and 29 flat screens for your viewing pleasure!
- CHOP SHOP – Live music by Hot Buttered Rum
- NEIGHBORHOOD THEATER – Jazz & Jokes. Dinner, Jazz & Comedy!
Enjoy FREE Bicycle Valet service at all Charlotte Knights baseball Sunday home games. Forget the hassles of traffic and parking. Jump on your bike, ride on down, park it in a safe, secure, supervised area and enjoy some great hometown baseball. Bike valet is located just inside the left field gate.