Featured image © Michael Dale, available for purchase here
• ROAD CONSTRUCTION on the route means the Sunday Ride will DETOUR ONTO ROBINSON CHURCH before Stallings Road Park. RETURN ROUTE now turns left from N. Tryon onto Sugar Creek and right onto N. Davidson.
• EXTRA TEAM KIT, CAPS, BOTTLES & SOCKS are for sale here.
• WINTER PACE IS COMING. Time to start considering base miles, folks.
• Register here for UPTOWN CYCLES WINTER COMPUTRAINER SERIES #1. Classes begin Nov 3rd.
• TIME CHANGE SATURDAY NIGHT. Fall back to an extra hour of sleep as Daylight Savings Time ends.
11a, The Backyard Experience. The kids at Faster Mustache are putting their collective shoulder behind BYT and holding their annual “self-supported multi-stage mountain bike race showcasing the BYT trails of Charlotte, NC.” Check the Facebook page for weather updates.
1p, Unknown Bike & Brew. Unknown Brewing is launching a weekly Saturday training ride. Route options include: Pint 12mi, Growler 22mi, and Keg 32mi. Check the Facebook page for weather updates.
9a, 36th Street Racing Sunday Ride. Group departs from the corner of 36th & Yadkin. 53miles. Ride together to Stallings Road Park. Pack should stay together and relaxed tempo until the Lead/Chase split at Pine Grove Church Rd & Flowes Store Rd. Lead group rides at or near race pace, with ORGANIZED EFFORTS. Chase group will ride no drop (18.5-19.5mph) and sweep the route. Stay together, stay safe. Pub finish at Growlers Pourhouse for $2.50 Rangers and Fat Tires courtesy New Belgium Brewery.
While we do our best to make sure everyone gets home in one piece, it can be tough to account for all. Please come prepared. Cell phone, food, water, cue sheet, route & pace familiarity, ID, and cash are always good things to have on your person no matter the distance.
36th Street Racing does not warrant the safety of routes selected for rides. Roads are NOT closed for cyclists. Cyclists ride at their own risk and assume total responsibility for their own safety. 36th Street Racing, its organizers and ride leaders will not be responsible for any injury or damage to any persons or property that may arise from participation in the ride. NO GO if it’s raining. Route details below:
9a, Big Stampede Bike Swap. Freedom Hall at the Park Expo and Conference Center (formerly the Merchandise Mart). “The Big Stampede features manufacturers, retailers, clubs/teams, and individuals buying, selling, and swapping new and used cycling and triathlon equipment.”